! Please note that those pages are not intended to be what our Official Documentation will look like, but a rather a quick response to all your enthusiasm in using the new HTCondor cluster !
Changes in the cluster:
- OS: EL7 flavor (CentOS7)
- Batch System: HTCondor v8.9.8
- Computing Element: HTCondor-ce
- Mass Storage: /pnfs is now accessible using posix nfs in read/write mode
HTCondor features Documentation:
! Important !
/user and /pnfs are both accessible everywhere on the cluster.
So there is no need to use HTCondor transfer features when submitting jobs to transfer files to/from any of those 2 directories. Just call/copy them directly from within your jobs.
You have 2 ways to copy files:
- should_transfer_files = YES: [not recommended] that will copy everything not mentionned in your .sub files along with the .out & .err logs. So you need to remove all files you don't want copied before your job ends (like unneeded inputs, intermediary file, etc)
- should_transfer_files = NO: you need to copy files yourself within your job script. You can easilly copy files to /user & /pnfs with a simple cp, or grid tools if you prefer.
- kde.sh issue: does not affect your job
- $HOME: it is not defined (yet), so calling anything with it will fail