Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Very Quick Guide To CMSSW Deployment
Before Each Deployment
- login on m1.iihe.ac.be as cmssw
- create a proxy:
source CreateProxy.sh yourname
This command changes the current directory to the release-installer area
What To Do If ...
- a new version of CMSSW is released or an old version is deprecated:
- submit installation/removal jobs
- Check the job status.
- Retrieve (Fetch) the output of the installation jobs:
The output is stored in
<JOBSTATUS> is the status of the job
<CE> is de site ce name
<TIMESTAMP is the time of submission in the format yyyy-mm-dd_T_hh_mm_ss
- you want to know where and which releases have to be installed/removed
- a site needs manual intervention
This command will also show which sites need manual intervention. If this is the case, there exists a directory
where CE is de site's CE name.
Go through the output, solve the problem. Open, if useful, a Savannah Ticket. Once the problem is solved, remove the direcory
- a site makes a special request to remove, add or keep a specific release.
Edit the file manual_install_requests.xml and submit to the site(s)
emacs -nw manual_install_requests.xml ri -c CE1,CE2 -s
- you're not sure what to do:
a help page will be displayed