Jump to navigation Jump to search
How basic validation works
- CRAB validation is twofold in the sense that you have client and server parts.
- Keeping in touch with the integration and development teams, you will learn for each new client release on which servers it has to be tested.
- In fact, there exists servers dedicated for tests and where the latest pre-release version of CRABSERVER (CS) is installed.
- Each new release is announced on the "CRAB development" Hypernews forum and it is installed at CERN in /afs/cern.ch/cms/ccs/wm/scripts/Crab/.
- If you want to test it from IIHE T2, you just have to follow the installation procedure described here.
- Basic validation means that only the basic features are to be tested.
- You will find on this page more details on what is to be tested.
- On this, you will see that each release is checked in three different ways : standalone (no CS), with CS+glite, and with CS+glidein.
- This page is also where results of validation tests are to be collected.
- It is important to update it and to inform the development team about the results after each validation campaign.
The validation framework
To avoid repetitive tasks during the validation, a framework is being developed. The goal of this framework is to check all the basic CRAB commands in a single run.
If you want to try this, follow these steps :
- Check out the project :
cvs co COMP/INTEGRATION/crabvalidation
Note : if working from a UI at IIHE, you must set up your CVS environment as described here. 2. Unpack and build the project :
cmsrel CMSSW_X_Y_Z cp COMP/INTEGRATION/crabvalidation/* ./CMSSW_X_Y_Z/src/ cd ./CMSSW_X_Y_Z/src tar xvzf CMSSW-Demo.tgz cd ./Demo/DemoAnalyzer/ scram b cd ../..
Remark: In case you want to test the 64bit you have to set
export SCRAM_ARCH=slc5_amd64_gcc434 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
3. Adapt the crab.cfg (at least change the SE). 4. Do what you usually do before submitting jobs with CRAB. At IIHE, it looks like that :
source $VO_CMS_SW_DIR/cmsset_default.sh cmsenv source /user/cmssoft/crab/CRAB_2_7_4_pre2/crab.sh
5. Run the validation script :
./RunValidationTest.py -server slc5ucsd -scheduler glite
In this example, we are testing CRAB client 2_7_4_pre2 on the CRABSERVER slc5ucsd with glite as scheduler. More info on the Release validation suite can be found here here. Some of the commands to be run
./RunValidation.py -printToFile standaloneglite ./RunValidation.py -server slc5cern -printToFile serverglite ./RunValidation.py -server slc5cern -scheduler glidein -printToFile serverglidein ./RunValidation.py -printToFile standaloneglite -checkResubmission ./RunValidation.py -server slc5cern -printToFile serverglite -checkResubmission ./RunValidation.py -server slc5cern -scheduler glidein -printToFile serverglidein -checkResubmission
Re-using the validation framework to test the locally adapted CRAB for PBS submission
- Example configuration files, based on the validation suite above, can be here:
CRAB3 testing with WMAgent
- See this page